How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In State College
You realize you have to defend your home. After all, it supplies shelter for your spouse and children and is where you have all of your possessions. But what kind of home defense is right for you? Figuring out if you should use round-the-clock monitoring is one of the chief decisions you need to make. Learn more about the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in State College and get a better sense of what’s right for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select 24/7 monitoring, your home security system links to a professional monitoring team that is prepared to offer assistance at a moment’s notice. Whenever a window sensor triggers or a CO detector goes off, your monitoring specialists receive a warning instantly. They quickly take action to validate the alarm and contact the appropriate first responders.
Conversely, an unmonitored security system doesn’t have a backup team. You could think of this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if an alarm sounds, you have to respond to get it resolved. This possibility is the cheaper route, but it also puts all the responsibility on your shoulders.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In State College
Here’s a quick breakdown of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having a backup on your side is always wise. If you are on vacation, asleep, or don’t have your cell phone, your residence and its occupants will still be watched over.
- Faster response: Monitoring specialists are always standing by to help. They’ll respond in a speedier fashion to alarms than you can by yourself.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security systems might make you eligible for a homeowners insurance reduction.
- Top-of-the-line components and flawless integration: When you receive hardware, monitoring, and installation from a reputable home security provider, you will get access to a fully integrated system with sensors and alarms that may be of a higher quality than what you will come across independently.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will pay a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Typically required to use professional installation: Numerous people would prefer to have work taken care of by qualified experts, but some might want to do it by themselves.
- Must sign a contract: You will generally need to sign a contract as part of your package. This stipulation will be satisfactory for many as home security is something you will want for the long haul.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In State College
Here’s a brief breakdown of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t have a monitoring fee.
- Install yourself: Some might deem this to be a pro as they can install the system themselves and not have an extra fee. Other people may want to go with a professional.
- More Flexibility: You can install components whenever you desire - and from different manufacturers. However, you could find assembling into a cohesive system more challenging.
- You have complete control: You won’t have an outside company monitoring your alarms. If something happens, it’s up to you to get support.
Cons Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What if you’re away from your cell phone and don’t get a security alert? This scenario equates to more stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Demands your complete attention: Due to the fact you are the single person in charge, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Hooking up the system is up to you: If you require help during an install, you might have to employ a separate service professional. The installation process is also likely to be slower.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In State College
Stay protected 24 hours a day with a monitored home security system in State College from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a cohesive, monitored home security system is the right choice for your family. Dial (814) 212-8021 today to customize your package.